SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4PM CST, Wednesday October 10, 2018
Manitoba Music is producing a video series called Talking Stick. The videos will feature live performances of original new music by First Nation, Metis, or Inuit artists along with short on-camera interviews.
Manitoba Music will share the productions through social media channels and on its websites to promote upcoming IMDP showcases, market development activities, and events. Targeted to music fans, industry professionals, and media. Selected artists can also use the videos for marketing purposes.
To be eligible to submit, artists must meet the following criteria:
- Have a strong social media presence
- Have cultivated a local audience and local media coverage
- Have a recent or upcoming release (EP or full album)
- Be a member of Manitoba Music and current resident of Manitoba
- Be a First Nation, Metis, or Inuit artist or group
- Have not previously been featured in our AMP Sessions videos
- Fill out the form at: manitobamusic.com/submissions
- Update your Manitoba Music profile with:
- At least two recently released songs
- Short artist bio (approximately 200 words)
- Current high resolution image (300 dpi) uploaded to “Files” section
NOTE: Each submission will be reviewed by a jury. The jury will review the information that you submit along with everything on your manitobamusic.com artist profile page.
Submissions will be rejected if incomplete.
For more information, please contact:
Shaneen Robinson-Desjarlais, Indigenous Music Development Coordinator