SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4PM, Wednesday April 10, 2019
Manitoba Music is presenting the Indigenous Music West showcase in Winnipeg, leading up to the Manito Ahbee Festival & Conference on May 15, 2019.
Up to five First Nation, Métis, or Inuit acts from across the Western Canadian provinces will be selected to perform at a showcase at the Kings Head Pub. PA, shared backline, staging, and sound technician will be provided. Each showcasing act will be responsible for their travel and accommodation.
This showcase is an opportunity to meet and perform for a delegation of presenters, managers, labels, music writers, and industry professionals from across Canada.
Artists considered for this opportunity must:
- Have a current or upcoming release (demo / EP / full-length)
- Have experience performing at festivals and/or touring
- Have active artist social media engagement and music on streaming services
- Be a current resident of Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, or British Columbia
- Identify as First Nation, Métis, or Inuit artist or group
- Be 18 years of age or older
To submit, please fill out the submissions form marcatoapp.com/forms/manitobamusic/indigenouswest2019
NOTE: Each submission will be reviewed by a jury of industry professionals. The jury will review the information and music that you submit.
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- Quality of recorded music
- Audience engagement online
- Rationale for how this showcase fits your career development plan
For more info, please contact:
Jade Harper, Indigenous Music Export Coordinator
- Call for submissions Indigenous Music West Manito Ahbee Showcase Opportunity Indigenous Music