We’re launching a new spotlight on the stellar music community in Manitoba with a monthly series of interviews with local music makers. In each profile, an artist or rep from a music company will be featured in an interview by a local music writer and shared on the Manitoba Music site and socials.
This is an opportunity for up-and-coming and mid-career artists and companies who have exciting activity and have been actively participating in Manitoba Music’s programs and activities. Selected interviewees will be offered a small honourarium.
The series will offer a chance for members to promote upcoming events, releases, tours, projects, and other activity. This series will have a strong focus on gender diversity and BIPOC and LGBTQ2S+ voices.
To be considered for this opportunity you must:
- Have recent career activity (e.g. recent or upcoming projects or releases, shows, showcase, awards, media coverage, etc.)
- Have a solid presence across social media platforms
- Have a minimum of one original song or video on a streaming platform
- Update your Manitoba Music profile page with current music, images, bio, and links to social media
- Have a high resolution promo image
- Be a Manitoba Music member
Artists may not be featured in Spotlight and Song of the Week within the same month.
Fill out the submissions form below
Submissions will be evaluated by a selection committee based on:
- Career activity
- Quality of promotional materials
For more info, please contact:
Rachel Stone, Operations & Communications Manager
Treaty 1 Territory