Call for Submissions: EMBARK Export Accelerator Program
DEADLINE: Thursday August 5, 2021 at 4PM CST
Manitoba Music is excited to launch the second edition of the EMBARK Export Accelerator Program! EMBARK creates opportunities for export-ready artists and music industry professionals to develop their businesses in key music markets. With physical limitations on travel and gathering still in place for tours, showcases, and conferences, it’s critical for artists and companies to find new ways to build their networks, make business relationships, and roll out international marketing plans in a meaningful way.
Manitoba Music will work with EMBARK participants to develop their target markets through mentorship, market training, cultural support and online networking opportunities. Markets for this year’s program will include: Latin America, Australia, UK, Germany and USA.
If you’re thinking of applying, please join us for our MusicWorks Market Info Sessions via Facebook Live, July 20-26. These free sessions will feature industry experts from each EMBARK market covering important things to know about their specific regions and why they could be important targets for your business development. Head to manitobamusic.com/workshops for details.
The EMBARK Program will include:
- Market intelligence to learn more about export markets
- Business mentoring to create a strategic market development plan
- In-market business consultant to develop business contacts
- Networking and B2B meetings with potential business partners
Applicants must be ONE of the following:
- An export-ready artist from Manitoba; OR
- An industry professional from Manitoba; OR
- An out-of-province industry professional supporting a Manitoba artist.
Please note: Manitoba residents must be an active member of Manitoba Music to participate in the program, if selected.
Applications will be adjudicated by a selection committee based on:
- Strength of rationale of export marketing plan
- Export readiness
- An export-ready artist:
- Has one or more team members (manager, publicist, agent, label, or publisher);
- Has regularly toured outside of Manitoba over the past 3 - 4 years;
- Has released professionally-recorded music to streaming platforms (Spotify, Apple Music, etc.) within the last two years, or an upcoming release in the next six months;
- Has identified target markets with a rationale and export marketing goals;
- is an active member of Manitoba Music.
Manitoba Music is dedicated to equity and equal representation with selecting participants to reflect the diversity of our industry.
For more info, please contact:
Claire Boning, Membership & Events Coordinator
Treaty 1 Territory