DEADLINE: Thursday August 5 at 4PM CST
Are you interested in building your music business skills and supporting the local music scene? We’re looking for someone to join our team as the Digital Marketing & Admin Assistant!
This is an entry-level position that supports Manitoba Music’s programs and operations through admin and digital marketing, as well as front desk reception. It brings opportunities to work creatively on a wide variety of projects that support the development of our vibrant and busy music sector.
We’d love to work with a curious, driven, and outgoing person who is interested in developing a career in the music business, passionate about amplifying the local music scene, thrives in a team environment, likes to work on multiple projects, and enjoys meeting a wide variety of creative people.
Experience or education in administration, communications, and marketing are important. Experience with digital marketing, Mailchimp, streaming, OBS, photography, videography, graphic design, are a big asset.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Curious and outgoing with a passion for supporting the Manitoba music community
- Interest in building a career in the music business
- Thrives in a team environment
- Driven, and likes to work on multiple projects
- Enjoys meeting a wide variety of creative people
- Has great written and spoken communication skills in English
- Has a fondness for spreadsheets and/or organizing things
- Some experience or education in administration, communications, and marketing
- Experience with digital marketing, Mailchimp, streaming, OBS, photography, videography, graphic design, are an asset
- Assisting with Manitoba Music’s social media strategies
- Assisting with Manitoba Music’s promotional partnerships
- Creating and updating content on our websites
- Assisting in ongoing support to the live music sector
- Industry research, outreach, and data collection
- Event-related activities, including logistics and tech support
- Attendance at local music events
- Reception and other administrative and clerical duties
Manitoba Music is a not-for-profit, member-based industry association with a mandate to help Manitoba’s music community reach its fullest potential. We work with over 700 members in all facets of the music industry, including artists, creatives, and companies.
This is a full-time position starting at $15.50 per hour and 35 hours per week, with a benefits package and two weeks paid vacation.
Manitoba Music is committed to equity and inclusivity. First Nation Peoples, Metis Peoples, Inuit, Black People, People of Colour, women, LGBTQ2S, new Canadians, and people who exist at those intersections are encouraged to apply. Please visit www.manitobamusic.com/accountability for our Equity & Accountability Policy.
Manitoba Music is a busy and dynamic office in downtown Winnipeg with a drop-in resource centre for our members.
The position will require concentrated work at a front desk computer in a shared office space. Our space is located in a heritage building up two flights of stairs. Please visit www.manitobamusic.com/accessibility for a description of our space and our Accessible Customer Service Standards.
Due to COVID-19, our office is currently closed and our team is working remotely with plans to safely return to the office in September. Some remote work may be required in the interim.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a cover letter outlining your interest and experience and resume with two references to email@example.com by 4PM on Thursday August 5.